In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been… ummm… idle for a while.
The holidays, kids being home 24/7 and family time leaves little time to blog. I will be back on Monday January 3rd but in the meantime I am taking a bloggy vacation so HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours from all of us at Playing Mom me!
I never make New Years’ resolutions. For two reasons, actually. One, nobody ever keeps them and two, if you really want to change something, what’s wrong with April 4th or October 12th or July 22nd? I know January 1st is this nice turn-the-page beginning, but… well, just call me a New Years’ resolution scrooge.
That being said, if I DID make New Years’ resolutions (well, more like tongue-in-cheek wishes) for this year, these 10 would be among them:
1. The usual “duh” resolution – lose weight. Maybe aided by liposuction. Or using a household stapler. I can be creative.
2. Get a clip into Lexi’s hair. (Which is something I can’t control but I’m giving it a year.)
3. Make a daily shower mandatory. Yes, you heard me. Don’t act like you’re all clean, all the time!
4. Somehow make enough supplemental income to keep Ryan at that ridiculously expensive private nursery school where he learns about magnets, perspective, the role of germs and baking cookies while also getting the opportunity to touch and learn about snakes, chicks and various other animals. And that same school is transformed into a 16 acre summer camp where he plays golf, steers motor boats, rides cars and horses, swims and does the zip line while learning the words to every Top 20 song, among hundreds of other things. It’s Disneyworld for kids and the equivalent of being pickpocketed for their parents. I could send him to a different school, but it’s just… so… well, the bus pulls all the way up the driveway! I can’t help it!
5. Watch every season of How I Met Your Mother – from the beginning. We just got into this show – how did we not watch it before?
6. Reteach Ryan how to nap… from 3pm-5pm.
7. Drink more water. Try not to let it bother me that it means 45 trips to the bathroom a day. Such a waste of time but I know it’s healthy.
8. Get Ryan to dance like Justin Bieber. (Every family needs a moneymaker…)
9. Make our house look like people actually live in it.
10. Finally tell Cory that he’s not the kids’ father.